Friday, April 2, 2010

Thng 22- Audiobooks

Just discovered I have a follower through Googlefriends- cool- It was good to review both Overdrive and NetLibrary procedures for downloading books, as we get questions at the information desk. I viewed the tutorials for each and signed in to each to view the offerings- I don't have an MP3 player, and have never been a fan of using my desk top for audiobooks- but I have recently acquired a laptop, so realize that I may in future I may want to use it to download something , if I am on the road- I also had not realized that some items offer the option to burn to a CD, which is also a possibility for my next long car trip. As with our books, the hot titles seem to have waits. Nothing really grabbed me to download immediately, so I will wait until a car trip is upon me to give it a personal try. It is also good to be reminded about Project Gutenberg, which I had looked at once upon a time, but not in recent memory. I see keeping up with audiobooks mostly about helping our customers, rather than my own personal interest. Will be interesting to see what impact the Kindle and the new Ipad have on our ebook offerings (as well as our print ones!)

No comments:

Post a Comment