Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thing 5- Explore Flickr- exercise a and b

Exercise a: I took a look at Flicker and the various applications and services offered. I found some photos of the place I go in the summer time on the Old Mission Peninsula in northwestern lower Michigan, which I've downloaded then uploaded at left. Makes me look forward to summer again already and winter hasn't yet begun!!. I read about tagging and took the tour. I also took a look at a few of the apps: the librarian trading cards look like fun, although I did not take the time to open yet another account- maybe later. I also checked out something called Printrkillr, where you can generate your own calendar directly from Flickr. Looks useful.


Exercise b: I opened a free Flickr account and uploaded the family photo we plan to use as the basis for our 2009 Christmas card. I limited the distribution to family and friends at this point, as the only two pictures in the file are personal. It seemed to use the blogging tool you had to have a flicker blog account, so I found it easier just to put it on the desktop and upload into my blog account that way. I am ambivalent about opening too many accounts that I may not use much in the future. But I will keep the Flickr account open. Right now it's only set for family and friends, but if I add photos of a more general scenic nature, I may change the designation to a wider audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment