Monday, November 30, 2009

Thing 6- Flickr Mash-ups & Third Party Sites

I read about mashups and think I understand the concept of putting two applications from different sites together. I took a look at the Librarian Trading Cards. Some of them are cool, but it felt a little like looking at school alumni bulletin notes, where my classmates are doing far cooler things than I would think of. So I looked further and found Printr Killr, an app where you can create nerdy-gifts using your pictures directly from Flickr: things like an advent calendar, card decks, calendar, memory game. This kind of thing is right up my alley. I will need to have more photos in my Flickr stream before I can try it, but it's definitely worth a try sometime down the line. The home page suggests creating the product at home and then printing it out at the office! If I try it, I promise to print it out at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment