Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thing #17 : Sandbox Wiki

I followed the links in the learning exercises to the Maryland Libraries Sandbox and created an account with password: but the password sent in the confirmation didn't work, so I asked to have it reset, and the new one didn't work either. So I started reading other blogs and found that some people early on in the process had gotten in and others later on had not. Then I saw Kate Tavakolian's email from last September directing one to go to marylandlibrariessandbox.pbworks.com and create an Open ID account- I did this and successfully got an account with pb works- but when I went to the marylandlibraries sandbox I still could not get in, and I could not find any favorites blog on the pbworks page. At this point, I've spent three times the amount of time just trying to figure out how to get onto the wiki and failed- anything this difficult to access can't possibly be worth it. I did however, learn what an open ID is, so all is not lost. This thing should definitely be reworked. It's giving the wiki a bad name.

No comments:

Post a Comment